Monday, June 14, 2010

Wasabi Tyler Texas

Wasabi
5617 Donnybrook Avenue
Tyler, TX 75703-6111
903. 939.0211

Lots of people are talking about Wasabi. One reason would be that the past state of Asian food in Tyler left a lot to be desired. Wasabi is fresh, new, and inviting. I asked everyone I knew that had been there if it was good-- what did it look like inside. The unanimous response was that it was good, and that it looked a bit like Fiore its predecessor. Well, they were right, it is good. The inside does not remind me of the old Fiore though. The bones of the place are the same, but dark colors and local art transformed the atmosphere perfectly. I do hope they rotate the art work on a regular basis, all Tyler restaurants should. On to the food. It was positively delicious. It picks up the slack where all others have left off. We started with a Lone Star roll. Not something you would get if you are a sushi purist, but great for those who like creative playful cuisine. I had the chicken salad. The taste was wonderful, and the dressing had a depth of flavor from sweet to tart. The only complaint I had was that the chicken was fried. When I order a salad I don't want fried chicken on it. The other dishes we had were the kung pow chicken, very good, and the green curry shrimp, excellent. The curry shrimp was divine, crave worthy! I will be back to eat it. I am still thinking about it. I will sing the praises of Wasabi to whomever I can.
Oh, and the dessert. A Super palate cooling delish ice creamy cake dream.




1 comment: