Monday, June 14, 2010

Downtown Coffee Lounge Tyler Texas

Downtown Coffee Lounge
200 W. Erwin Street
Tyler, Texas 75702
903.266.9192

It is so nice to see such a beautiful, bright, modern little spot hit downtown. Contemporary artworks, rotated on a monthly basis, by local artists can be seen hanging on the walls. The Lounge started out as a place that just served coffee and desserts. Darn good ones mind you. I went in soon after it opened and had a red velvet cupcake that was scrumptious. Forward to now. The coffee shop has expanded it's menu to feed hungry lunch goers. I was made aware of the fact that chef David organically grows a lot of the vegetables that are used in the lunch fair. No wonder my salad was so good. It was a simple green salad with tomatoes, dried cranberries and fresh mozzarella. The dressing was a wonderfully light citrus Italian vinaigrette. The other chomper in the group ordered a chicken salad wrap. It was also fresh and tasty. My biggest dilemma was picking out dessert. This was not a bad quandary to be in quite frankly. With prompting from the lady behind the glass I settled on the chocolate mousse with whip cream and strawberries. If its is mousse it has to be more healthy right... Well really I don't care, I just want more!





No comments:

Post a Comment