Saturday, July 31, 2010

Royal Sonesta Hotel New Orleans Louisianna

I chose the Royal Sonesta in New Orleans on advice from friends and reviews on trip advisor.  It was my impression that this was at least a four star hotel.  The positive about this hotel was the location.  It is situated on Bourbon street which provided easy access to a bevy of restaurants and attractions.  The rooms were very dated, with the exception of the bathrooms which looked to be redone.  I called ahead and specifically asked for no goose down due to allergies.  There was down on my bed.  The more irritating problem was that there was only one person in housekeeping for the entire hotel that night.  Needless to say it took forever to get a regular blanket.  When I checked out I told the lady at the front desk-- who by the way was laughing and dancing with her friend behind the desk- and she literally didn't give half a you know what.  The other problem I had with the hotel is that the overnight parking was over thirty dollars.  Honestly I think there has to be much better hotels, with better service, in the same area. I have never stayed at a Royal Sonesta before, and this stay will be my last time.

2 comments:

  1. I stayed at the Waldorf Astoria - Roosevelt,New Orleans in June. Excellent service, great location historic hotel, fabulous suite. Try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should check out The Columns Bed and Breakfast the next time you are in NOLA. We stay there every time we visit. Classic, but very comfortable. Feel like a southern belle when we have our drinks on the second floor veranda. It is located in the Garden District with just a $12 cab ride to Bourbon St.

    ReplyDelete