Thursday, October 1, 2009

East Texas Fair- The food Version

East Texas Fair- The food Version

People go to the fair for many reasons, when you are young you go to ride rides, when you are in high school you go get the heck out of the house, when you are any older than that you go to eat. Ok so there may be an occasional someone that is interested in the prize winning heifer, but I can assure you that person is not me. I go to the fair year after year to make myself ill on gastronomically atrocious foods. Food so hideous that you don't know weather to cringe or forsake all things a sane and dive in. I like to live on the edge a bit, but I draw the line -- a THICK line-- at fried butter. One food visit is quite enough for me so I like to fit in what I can. Luckily I have a hungry other half that affords me the option to try bites freely without having to commit to any one food item. This in itself is also a bad thing, I should have a heart and not let him eat all of the foods I only have one bite of-- but hey, he is a willing participant. This particular trip we had a sausage on a bun. My cheese fanaticism shone through proper as I asked the nice lady for nacho cheese on top. Next was the famous Big Dog burger. The burger in itself is reason enough to go to the fair. Go -- Eat the Burger. My lips have yet to come across a more delicious grease laden burger. When I saw the taco stand I new I had to try a taco as well. It was for the cause anyway. So for $2.50 you can get a taco stand taco at the fair. This was by far the cheapest thing I had and it was pretty darn good. Go La Casita! My crazy food trip would not be complete without dessert, and what dessert do you get at the fair... Thats right, the funnel cake. By this point I was loosing steam. I felt like a bad rendition of man vs. food. I had a few bites and I was done. DONE! Carb-ed out and belly distended I waddled my way out of the fair. A last thought of a caramel apple came to me-- but I just couldn't do it. Til next time ETF!







Nice Shriners -- they wanted to eat the
funnel cake I had~


No comments:

Post a Comment