Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Hangover



So today I have a hangover. Even as I write this I want to puke. My head is pounding and I feel like there is a brick settled somewhere inside my stomach. Weird vibes are moving up and down my spine and a fog is thick within my brain. Why do we pay this price for imbibing... Last nights poison was beer. Nice, light, cold beer that looked oh so innocent and inviting. After the first one I felt great. After the second even better. By the third I was down right blissful. Somewhere after that in the mix of things, between the Lady Gaga on the juke box and the friendly reverie things went awry. My pal for the night turned against me. It was an instant where I was aware and then all of a sudden I turned the corner. Things became hazy, tacos sounded inviting, and all inhibitions were lost. I could sing, loudly, much to the dismay of anyone around. Ugly hyena laughing was all part of the game, although still I have no clue what was funny. Maybe my friends will remember... Luckily there was a team member that knew when enough was enough. A generous thanks to my husband for reeling me in after my incoherent nodding that I wanted to go home. The taxi was hailed, the tacos were bought, away we went . And today--- I must pay~

No comments:

Post a Comment