Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Mrs. Wilkes Savannah Georgia

http://www.mrswilkes.com/
107 W Jones St
Savannah, Georgia 31401



Let me start by saying during our stay in Savannah, we happened to be situated RIGHT next door to Mrs. Wilkes. I had read that it was a local favorite for down home southern cuisine, but even still I didn't know if I was game for that type grubbing. Day after day our little apartment was filled with the tantalizing aromas coming from Wilkes next door. The fried goodness began to wear on us.

Day three-- we went!

I sent my husband to go wait in line while I waited upstairs for a text--- I mean that's part of the perks of marriage right?

After about an hour, the text came.

I ran down-- we waited about 20 more minutes, then we were ushered in.

The room was filled with people seated family style, food, and anticipation. Tables were packed, I mean jam packed, with food.

We passed around the food and dug in.

Bliss! Carb laden, hearty thick rich, coma inducing food! Ahhhh!

My favorite things were the fried chicken, stuffing, carrot salad and the best-- the meatloaf. Desserts were blackberry cobbler and home made banana pudding. Both were good, as I had a taste of each, but the pudding was my preference of the two.

Go early, go hungry, plan to nap later!




































































Put a fork in me, I'm done!

No comments:

Post a Comment