Sunday, May 9, 2010

Dakota's Steak and Chop House Tyler, Texas



Dakota's Steak and Chop House
5377 S. Broadway Avenue
866.727.4804

Can I preface this post by saying that I usually really like Dakota's. In the past the food has been great, barring the lobster sandwich. They have delicious pasta, and soups that are warm, comforting and down right wonderful. Their desserts are killer, especially the ooey gooey white chocolate bread pudding. But I must digress as this is the visit I came equipped to write my review. In all fairness today was mothers day and I'm sure that added to the dilemma. Our reservation was set for 5 people at 1:15. I had originally wanted to come in at 12:30 but was told it would be hectic during that time and 1:15 would be better. We arrived on time and were not seated until 2:00 after I had asked the hostess to please seat us at any 4 top she had available. It was mothers day after all and half our set of parents had never been to Dakotas. We ordered our meal, which did not come out until 2:45 and only half was brought to the table. The rest of the food arrived in shifts one plate at a time over the course of the next five minutes. My fish was bordering on jerky, my hunger prevailed and I ate it anyway. Two orders of eggs benny came out looking quite anemic, but the two chicken fried steaks were good. The boys heartily ate and the girls, well they ate too. We were offered a free dessert to make up for the calamity. We politely accepted and ordered an additional dessert for good measure. Both the bread pudding and cheese cake were stellar. I only wish the rest of the meal had been. I will definitely go back to Dakota's, but it will not be on holiday occasion.





No comments:

Post a Comment