Thursday, May 20, 2010

Genghis Grill Tyler Texas



Genghis Grill
3709 Troup Highway
Tyler, TX 75703
tyler@genghisgrill.com
http://www.genghisgrill.com/


Some friends and I decided to hit up the new Genghis Grill. The grill is known for its do it yourself bowls. Basically there is a meat section, vegetable, spice, and sauce section. You go to each one and fill your container with everything you want, then hand it over to be cooked. Although this sounds really good, it can be a bit overwhelming especially with a line of people behind you. It was my first time in and I think by time two I will have everything down pat. There is definitely an element of fun in picking and choosing how your dinner will be made. If I had more time I might have lingered a while contemplating options. My food was good, what can I say, I was the chef. If your food is bad, its nobodies fault but your own. For those whose culinary sides are a bit week, there are note cards to pick that tell you exactly how to make a specific dish. This place is lively and fun, and we had a great time. The food is priced very reasonably, with dinner costing $9.99 a bowl. On my next trip I will try out lunch.

Oh, and I almost forgot. Both desserts were great. We had a pineapple coconut cake, and a cookie something that our server suggested.







No comments:

Post a Comment