Saturday, May 1, 2010

Mariscos DJS Tyler Texas



Mariscos DJS
1201 E. Ewrin

Tyler Texas 75702

I am a die hard Don Juan-er. I love their food. When I say love, I could expound with prose lavishing my affection for the queso alone-- but that is another section right...

Mariscos DJS is a new Don Juan restaurant centered around seafood. I ran to this place when I heard it was opening. Thoughts of all things wonderful swirled through my head. I strategized what I would order days before without even seeing a menu. If you know me I bet you could guess what I got. We sat down for our meal and were shocked --- No chips. What-- did I hear you right--- no chips? We browsed the menu, still bruised with chip withdrawal, and contemplated more. Wings were the starter, delish, juicy, flavorful. I ordered the fish soup. It was brothy and tasty. One caveat-- the fish has skin on it, I would prefer without. Erick had the seafood fajitas. He was happy albeit nervous about the small portion. As he eyed it he asked, "should I order more wings." Mom was less than pleased with her meal. We sent it back. It was a shrimp ceviche tostada. The shrimp was not cooked. Now I know what ceviche is, I order it all the time and this was way underdone. They graciously took it away and she ordered shrimp tacos which were indeed cooked.

Some things that need work:
  • The chairs were hard but the vibe was festive. After a few margaritas I'm sure there would be no issue.
  • Ceviche needs more love
  • Please, Please, Pretty Please bring on the chips and salsa
  • There really is no option here for people that do not want seafood. True this is a seafood joint, however some non seafood items would be a plus
  • Dessert
Some things that were good:
  • Loved the patio
  • The decor was fun and festive
  • Live DJ


I will definitely go back and try out Mariscos again. Like anything new there are bound to be some kinks, I'm sure they will all get sorted out.





1 comment:

  1. Bad service need a more atention to the people waist long time waiting 4 service

    ReplyDelete