Friday, May 7, 2010

Villa Montez Tyler, Texas

Villa Montez
www.villamontez.com
3324 Old Henderson Hwy
Tyler, Texas 903.592.9696

I have been to Villa Montez on quite a few occasions, usually with friends on a weekend night. On a spur of the moment plan, my mother and I decided to dine there for dinner this evening. I called ahead, even though we were leaving in a few minutes, to reserve a table. I was told that there would be no more reservations for the evening, but I could come in and wait for a table. I threw caution to the wind and mozied, being from Texas and all, on down to historic manse. We got there around 5:45 and the place was sparse with people. I put my name on the list and the hostess informed me there would be a 35- 45 minute wait. Hmmm... I could go in a lot of different directions here, but I think if a restaurant is empty people should not have to wait to get a table. We ended up leaving around 8:30 and there were still plenty of tables left. Maybe it is time for a policy change on that.

The Food
We had chips, salsa, and Queso Fondido while we waited in the bar for our table. By the time we were seated I
was nearing the full level so I ordered the ceviche. Being a ceviche lover I was a bit disappointed as it was a tad on the fishy side. Mom ordered the seafood enchiladas and they were pretty good, especially the sauce. The husband rolled in late and ordered one of the largest burritos I have ever seen. It was heavy on the rice and beans and left a bit to be desired on the pollo. You can't properly have dinner without topping it off with a dessert, so we did. The Tres Leches was the most appealing sounding for the finale. Boy was it good. Ok, not good, Great. It was the best darn thing I had there. It was soft and moist, leche-y with the perfect amount of sweetness.

With a beautiful patio and warm inviting decor the ambiance is always great at the VM.


On a side note we had a great server. Catherine, whether with a C or a K, a Y or an I, did a great job and was most accommodating.






No comments:

Post a Comment