Thursday, August 19, 2010

Euro Pane Bakery - Pasadena - Pasadena, CA

Euro Pane Bakery 
950 E Colorado Blvd
Ste 107

Pasadena, CA 91106
Neighborhood: Pasadena
(626) 577-1828



 

I am and have been a Food Network junkie since the times when Emeril was bamming in a studio apartment sized kitchen on tv.  Those where the days I would come home high and pretend my bean burrito was foie gras. First off, I had no clue what foie gras was, but was sure it was fashionable and tasty.  Now I do know what it is, and I wouldn't come near it with a ten foot pole. I am also way long over my green phase. 

But I digress.

The whole round about point is that I watch food network like a wide eyed loris and typically dream of the strange and inviting concoctions presented.  A particularly favorite show of mine, besides Triple D, is The Best Thing I Ever Ate.  Like I said before I often daydream of the foods they show, but I never pegged myself as someone who would run to one of the restaurants shown.

Ok, we all know that is a lie, of course I would run to any restaurant that was well in my perimeter. 

On one show Adam Gertler was in a nondescript neighborhood bakery.  I was half watching when the egg salad sandwich caught my eye. My attention became acute, and at that very moment I knew one day I would be eating one of those sandwiches.  So creamy and inviting they looked. Fast forward to a week ago when I was in California.  After a short search on the internet, I found the home of the tempting egg salad sandwich.  It was in Pasadena, only fifteen minutes from where we were.  Did you get that, FIFTEEN minutes.  Well, this was a no brainier.  We went!

I walked in and could hardly stand it.  I ordered, then waited, then looked around, then waited, and finally my plate from heaven came out.  The bread was crusty with a schmear of tomato pesto.  To the side was the most fabulously delicious egg salad I have ever tasted.  It was simple mixture of homemade mayonnaise and soft boiled eggs delicately spiced.  I ate the whole thing, which was a feat for me.  This is a must anyone traveling the area.

They also serve the softest most decadent macaroons around.  The most popular is the chocolate and caramel with fluer de sel.  Eat it, Eat it, Eat it!

No comments:

Post a Comment