Thursday, August 5, 2010

Mariner's Restaurant Natchitoches Louisiana

Mariners Natchitoches Louisiana
http://www.marinersrestaurant.com

If you find yourself in Natchitoches Louisiana and you are wondering what to do, there is an answer, eat!  We were told that Mariners near the river was the place to go.  From the site of the packed parking lot we knew it had to be a local favorite.  As we made our way in we couldn't help but notice the decor. It was like a time warped lake lodge from the seventies complete with a token marlin poised on the rafter.  You may think this was a bad thing, when in fact we quite relished it.  It was reminiscent of a time more simple with groups of families congregating over dinner.  The food was oh so good starting with the salad bar.  My brother asked me if salad bars scared me, I assured him that they were low on my list of worries.  The salads were simple, clean and fresh.  Next we ordered the oysters combo which consisted of oysters Rockefeller and oysters Bienville- it was fab.  I ordered the soup of the day, seafood bisque and my brother ordered the Cajun platter.  My soup was ok.  The Cajun platter was a fiesta of alligator, blackened shrimp, fried crawfish and etouffe. The etouffee was to die for.  I would drive there right now to go eat it.  The only sad part was that we were too stuffed to try the dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment