Sunday, August 22, 2010

Longboards on Santa Barbara’s Stearns Wharf

Longboard's Grill  

210 Stearns Wharf, Santa Barbara
805-963-3311


 Should you eat at Longboard's in Santa Barbara? Yes!  Are you going to get gourmet food, probably not.  What you will get is food that is actually quite good, and a great fun lively atmosphere.  I can say their sweet potato fries are the best I have had. The fish from the fish and chips was a Mahi, and was tasty as well.  I ordered a wedge salad, and it was just that-- a wedge salad. 

Be sure you grab a all the nuts you can from the bar, and drop a few to the mass of pigeons that will squawk at your feet. 

Try a Mojito-- they are good there.

Sweet Potato fries, this should have been the first thing.

Get a bottle of their hot sauce to go-- a tip from my sister

Enjoy the view!

3 comments:

  1. I love this place! Great food at a great price AND you get to throw your peanuts on the floor! Ah, my kids thoroughly enjoyed that part. This is a great place to eat if you're looking for great food at a great price. Also, if you're looking for a great place to stay at an exceptional price, I recommend The Sandman Inn (www.thesandmaninn.com). I always stay there and I just have to say, the pools, rooms and location are unbeatable and price saves me a whole lot of stress later

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long Boards is such a Santa Barbara establishment, and truly a local spot I try and make it out every time I am in Santa Barbara! They have some great dishes and I truly enjoy throwing my peanuts on the ground! I was just in Santa Barbara and I stayed at the South Coast Inn (www.santa-barbara-hotel.com). Really Elegant and the best place to catch some much needed R&R on your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't this right on the pier? I always enjoyed the whole peanut on the ground thing. I believe my friends who live in town brought me here New Years Eve one year and we had a blast drinking and eating delicious food. The place was lit up with lights and everyone was laughing and enjoying the end of yet another year. Stayed at a great place, The Sandman Inn (www.thesandmaninn.com). I hope to stay there again this year, save a dollar and enjoy the views.

    ReplyDelete