Saturday, August 28, 2010

Toulouse Café and Bar | Dallas, Texas


Toulouse Café and Bar 
3314 Knox Street (Next to the Katy Trail)
Dallas, Texas 75205
Phone: (214) 520-8999
http://www.toulousecafeandbar.com

I was in Dallas-- I was hungry and I was lost.  My original plan was just to stop in at La Madeline, even though I am not a chain fan.  The one that I was near looked like a ghost town-- so I kept moving.  Next up was Javier's-- looked closed too-- kept driving.  That's when I saw her-- ohhh I saw her, she walked in through the out door.  Ok, I am sidetracking-- but that is really when I saw Toulouse.  The place was bustling from the inside out -- U turn, were there.  Toulouse definitely tipped toward the trendy side, so I was a tinge worried about the food.  The plates steadily streaming from the kitchen did look good, maybe this place is ok.  No, really it was better than ok.  The waitstaff was more courteous than in really any dining establishment I have been to. I mean they were just plain nice and took punctual, polished and somewhat lavish care of us.  Service with a smile was not the only high point of this hip french cafe-- there was food.  The food was wonderful.  It was simple, fresh, and scrumptious.  Velvety lobster bisque, drizzled with goat cheese then topped with fresh herbs, crusty buttered bread, crab Florentine with layers of decadence, and a rustic salmon Caesar to order again.  Will I come back here, Yes-- over and over.

No comments:

Post a Comment